Project 4 is a Community Based Service Learning assignment, and I am collaborating with After School Arts Program (ASAP) to design their 2011-2012 Annual Report. ASAP operates in Des Moines, Iowa, as a multi-disciplinary arts program for Des Moines schoolchildren. It provides them with a nurturing environment that gives them access to the Arts. The 2011-2012 Annual Report will be mailed to current and potential donors, sponsors, and community partners. The design will reflect the program’s educational quality and opportunities as well as its focus on teaching the arts to school-aged children.
The content will consist of: Program Introduction, Overview, and Highlights; Revenue and Expenses; Profiles of a Student, Teaching Artist, and Volunteer; and Credits.
- Brochure format folded into horizontal quarters on Tabloid paper.
- Printed in full color and double-sided.
- Myriad Pro is the selected type family.
- It will incorporate elements from the ASAP Website to provide a consistent look for the organization.
- This includes the color palette. Colors chosen are: Pantone 389C, Pantone 634 C, and a mixed Red.
- The ‘paint splatter’ texture prominent on the website will also be utilized.
- Photographs will be included through out.